Monday, January 10, 2011

Winthrop Prep -- 2.05 -- Blindside


 









Noel: Hello?






Noel: Hello?










Rebecca: Who was it?

Noel: I don’t know. They didn’t answer. Must’ve been a wrong number.

Rebecca: What are you wearing?

Noel: A loincloth.

Rebecca: Seriously. I want to picture what you’ll look like when you accept your award from the Architectural, Exterior and Interior Design Department tonight.
 
Noel: That blazer and pants set you like, my orange scarf and my trademark cap.

Rebecca: Sounds hot. What’s underneath?

Noel: Why don’t I just stay here and let you find out yourself?

Rebecca: Because you have to go. It’s not every night the school hosts a dinner in your honor. Besides, your design project for Dalton House was the winner. They’re giving you a plaque and everything.


Noel: Just say the word and I’ll stay.

Rebecca: I know you would.

Noel: Or, you could come with me.

Rebecca: I’m too exhausted. I’ve spent all day working with those mobility experts Beth hired, memorizing steps to and from various rooms. Did you know it’s 154 steps from my room to the front gate?
Noel: Wow, that’s a lot of steps. Are you sure you’ll be okay here alone? Grant’s gone to his aunt’s funeral, Franklin’s at the hospital, waiting for them to transfer Bianca from Bridgeport to S.V.H., and Sam’s at the library.

Rebecca: I’ll be fine. I’m just going to take a shower and go to bed. And, because my super cute boyfriend arranged my pajama drawer for me, I can be assured the clothes I pick out post-shower will match each other, as opposed to the incident with the plaid blue jeans and the striped shirt this morning.



Noel: My phone is on. If you need anything –

Rebecca: You’ll be the first call I make.

Noel: I love you.

Rebecca: I love you, too.





































Rebecca: Is someone out there?





















Rebecca: Probably just the wind. 








Rebecca: Is someone there?








Rebecca: Hello? Noel? 



Rebecca: Okay, Turner. Get it together. You've been in a house by yourself before. Maybe some waffles will settle my nerves. Surely even a blind girl can work an oven timer.










Rebecca: Hello?

Voice: Hello.

Rebecca: Who’s this?

Voice: Who do you think I am?

Rebecca: My big, strong, sexy Noel?

Voice: I’m not Noel.

Rebecca: Oh. I’m sorry. Who are –

Voice: Wrong number.



















Rebecca: Hello?

Voice: Hello.

Rebecca: Dial a wrong number again?

Voice: No.

Rebecca: Then, why did you call back?

Voice: What if I said you have a sexy voice?

Rebecca: Ah, I see what you’re doing, Noel. Sometimes I think you like phone sex with that creepy Scream voice distorter of yours more than you like actual sex with me. So, who are you tonight? The disgruntled UPS employee calling to ask where I want him to put the big package he’s got for me?

Voice: No.

Rebecca: Hmm…the lonely priest calling a phone sex line?

Voice: No.

Rebecca: Ah, the sadistic killer using the phone to spook the teenager who’s all alone? Only to find she has a secret serial killer fetish?

Voice: I like that one.

Rebecca: And, so do I, normally, but shouldn’t you be accepting your award right about now?

Voice: Stay in character.

Rebecca: Alright.

Voice: What’s your name?

Rebecca: Hmm…Sarah.

Voice: Why are you all alone tonight, Sarah?

Rebecca: My parents have gone out of town and left me in this great big house all alone.

Voice: That’s dangerous. Don’t they know what could happen to beautiful girls in the dark?

Rebecca: Oh no. Are you a psycho killer?

Voice: Something like that.

Rebecca: Oh, please, Mr. Psycho Killer, don’t hurt me. There’s something about a man in a mask that just starts my engine.

Voice: I’m not wearing a mask.

Rebecca: How come? You always wear a mask.

Voice: It’s not like you could see it.

Rebecca: Okay, that was out of line. God, Noel.



Brian: Maybe it’s because I’m not Noel. Do you know how cheap these voice changers are?

Rebecca: Leave me alone!









Campus Security: Campus Security.

Rebecca: Hi, this is Rebecca Turner up at Dalton House. I, um, I’m alone and I can’t see. I think there’s someone here and – could you just send someone to check it out?

Campus Security: Sure thing. Just sit tight, Miss Turner. I’ll have someone up there in a jiffy.

Rebecca: Thanks.




Rebecca: Hello?

Brian: You hung up on me. How rude.

Rebecca: I called Campus Security.

Brian: Drat! You thwarted my dastardly plot. Why are you looking out the window? It's not like you can see anything.

Rebecca: Where are you?




Brian: Come find me.

Rebecca: You know, you’re not helping your case.

Brian: What case? You have no proof regarding your claims about Jane, I took the journals when I planted that box in your room, which they also can’t trace back to me. You can’t even prove this phone call took place because I’m not calling from my phone, which you would know if you could see the Caller ID 
screen. And, since you can’t see anything, I could come in there and do anything I wanted and you couldn’t prove a thing. Wonder what’s taking Campus Security so long?

Rebecca: There's a car outside now, you son of a bitch.

Brian: But, is it Campus Security? Why don't you run on our there and see? No pun intended, of course.









 Rebecca: Hello? Hello! Is somebody –







Rebecca: No! STOP!


















Rebecca: Please pick up, please, please, please –



Rebecca: Hello? Campus Security? 

Brian: Hi.

Rebecca: Oh God

Brian: Told you I wasn’t calling from my phone.

Rebecca: What do you want?

Brian: To play a game.

Rebecca: I don’t want to play games.

Brian: But, we already are. It’s called hide and seek. You can do the hiding, if you want, since you’re not equipped to do the seeking. That would be your cue to run.









Brian: Come out, come out wherever you are.



Rebecca: Get off of me!

Brian: OW! My hand! You bit me, bitch!














Brian:  Think a lock is going to keep me out, Rebecca?









Rebecca : STOP! Please just go away.











Brian: That’s what Jane said, but I don’t think she really meant it. That’s how it works with you women, right? Yes means yes, no means maybe? But, then maybe means yes, so…

Rebecca: Noel is going to be home soon.

Brian: I’m so very scared of him after his stunning display of masculine prowess in the courtyard. Are you sure he's not a little fruity? By the way, you can run again. I like this cat and mouse thing, gets the blood pumping.


Rebecca: Noel?

Brian: Wrong again, cupcake.

Rebecca: Please stop. I called Noel, he’s on his way.

Brian: No, you didn’t.

Rebecca: Yes, I did. He’s bringing help, so you better leave and –


Brian: I took his phone. He was so careless leaving it in his coat. All I had to do was slip into the closet and take it
while he was rubbing elbows at the dinner. But, even if you could’ve reached him, he never would have made it in time. By the way, I don't know if you know where you are, but the attic? Lame hiding place.










Rebecca: Please, don't do this!

Brian: I told you I’ve never had one like you before. This should be interesting.











Sam: Ten more minutes, Gladys, and I’m calling it a night.

Gladys: You should go on home, Sam. You’ve been here since three.

Sam: You’re right. Charlemagne’s not going anywhere by Thursday. Thanks for keeping the library open for me late.

Gladys: No problem. Good night!








Sam: Becca?





Sam: Oh my God! Rebecca! Rebecca!














Sam: Becca, are you up there? Come on, I've looked all over! Becca, honey, where are you?











Sam: Oh my God. What happened?

Rebecca: Get away from me!

Sam: Whoa, whoa -- calm down. It's me, it's Sam.

Rebecca: Sam? Is he dead?
Sam: Yeah, I think so. What did he do? What happened? Did he --

Rebecca: He tried, but I grabbed a can of paint and I hit him in the head.


Sam: I’m sorry. I’ll call the police.

Rebecca: NO! You can’t. They won’t believe me.

Sam: Sure, they will.

Rebecca: He’s wearing gloves. There’s no finger prints. I have no physical injuries, no proof of my claims about Jane. I can’t even prove he called me, harassing me because he stole Noel’s phone and the cordless up at the Campus Security hub.


Sam: There’s only one phone on the body, a cellular.

Rebecca: I can’t even prove he stole Campus Security’s phone! He probably made all the calls to me with Noel’s. It looks like I’ve been stalking him and now he’s dead and – they’re going to kick me out. They’re going to throw me in jail!  

Sam: No, they’re not.

Rebecca: Yes, they are!
 
Sam : No, they’re not. Because, they’re not going to find the body.

Rebecca: What?

Sam: Just leave it to me. I’ll fix this.

Rebecca: How?

Sam: The less you know, the better. Just do me a favor. Go to your room and try to get some sleep.

Rebecca: Thank you.









Sam: He can’t hurt you anymore.

2 comments:

  1. There was once again some text under a picture, that I could not read. I wonder what is the cause of that?

    And the scene where they struggle outside, after that I felt like something was missing, not a technically this time, but from the story. It was kind of abrupt and I'd have liked some connection from that scene to the Rebecca at stairs scene.

    Otherwise this was very scary and agonizing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I knew why you were getting the picture overlap.

    ReplyDelete